Sunday, July 6, 2008

So you wanna know a LIL BOUT ME...(shameless self promotion)


My background:6 years as a early childhood education teacher's aide
12 units Early Childhood Education completed (ECE core, ECE Music & Art)
Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts & Sciences
Doyle Scholarship Recipient
Certificate in Applied Graphics
Strong background in music, art, & dance
Proficient in baby yoga & baby signs
Basic Spanish communication
Started clothing line in 2004, "Created to inspire & uplift ALL women", see the Such a Lady dresses here
Started graphic design freelance company in 2006 H&H Graphics

My Creative Side:
Since I was little I've been involved in all kinds of creative things. I've taken ballet, jazz, & tumbling as a child. In my teens I focused more on Hip Hop dance & for the last 6 years I've have really been into salsa dance. In 2003 our salsa troupe performed at Salsa Congress in New York City. The thing I love about dancing is that I feel so free when I do it & it brings a smile to my face that transforms my whole being. That feeling is what I hope to bring to children!

Art touches the soul in may ways. It can communicate a feeling so well it'll bring a tear to your eye. Or it can simply be beauty in it's rawest form. My maternal grandmother was one of the people that fostered a passion for art in me, teaching me watercolor painting. With my families support, I went on to all different forms of art in high school & college. In 2003 I received my certificate in applied graphic arts.

Rhythm, music, the soundtrack of life. A song comes on the radio & you're instantly transported back in time. Feelings, emotions, words, smells, actions. They all come racing back to you. Who can deny the impact of just one song. Music has had a profound impact on me. My paternal grandmother taught me to play the piano as a child. When I got to middle school I learned percussion. I found that playing an instrument I could create sound, a note. And from one note a melody or a rhythm. Then from a melody & rhythm to a song. I could express myself, my emotions in a whole new way. What a revelation! I want to share my revelation with the children I teach.

AND YES AT PRESENT (9/1/09) AM LOOKING FOR EMPLOYMENT AS AN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR. EMAIL ME AT breadncake (AT) gmail (DOT) com

No comments: