Monday, July 7, 2008

The Birth of Roots Mamas


I started this blog as a new mother that, when I became pregnant, found limited resources about what to expect & how to get help with my new mommyhood journey.

Working for Kaiser I thought ok great I have some of the best healthcare coverage. My doctor will help me on my new journey. But then reality struck & I realized very quickly the care I was receiving was basically to check the baby & mines vitals and to do the routine prenatal tests (don't get me wrong I like my doctor & they gave me great prenatal handouts but the way the doctors are bogged down with so many patients per day it is easy to see why they don't give patients more information). I wanted something more...so began my own investigation into this whole new mama thang!

I read books, watched movies, did hours & hours of my own research & what I found was so compelling, inspiring & so overlooked I decided I had to share it. I had to get this information to all the soon-to-be-mamas I could, especially those who might not know where to turn when finding out they are pregnant. But...I didn't know how I would accomplish that....then my baby daddy/boyfriend/luvah/significant other etc etc (lol) suggested I start a blog & it's been on ever since!

So join me & LET'S GET BACK TO OUR ROOTS!

No comments: